Criminal Justice and Criminology majors, and students interested in the CJC major can receive program-specific advising from:
Hours: By appointment only via e-mail
Hours: Tuesday and Thursday, 2:30-4:00 and by appointment
Hours: Tuesday and Thursday, 10:00-1:00; Friday, 10:00-2:00 and by appointment
General academic advising is coordinated by the College of Arts and Sciences.
To facilitate the advising process:
- all students must bring with them an unofficial copy of their transcript, and
- be a declared CJC major, unless they plan on completing the declaration of major paperwork during the appointment.
- If you need to have an account hold removed in order to register for classes, this will have to be completed by Academic Advising in Scofield Hall. Please note, you can take the advising documentation from your appointment with Dr. Stadler to Scofield Hall to assist you in that process.
Students approaching graduation should make an appointment to complete their senior audit with:
This meeting should occur the semester before graduation. For example, if you plan to graduate in December, appointments for audits should occur the previous Spring semester.
Students should have already applied to graduate with the College of Arts and Sciences prior to completing a senior audit, and completed a General Education final degree audit. College advisors will provide a “Major’s Degree Audit form” and a copy of an unofficial transcript, both of which should be brought to the meeting with Dr. Holsinger.
Students should also schedule an appointment with Dr. Holsinger if:
- declaring Criminal Justice and Criminology as a minor.
- transferring courses from another institution to count toward the CJC major at UMKC.
- requesting permission to take a course overload (i.e., students wanting to enroll in more than 17 credit hours in a given semester must have permission from the Department).