High School College Partnership
2014-2015 Dean's Scholarship Information
*Application Deadline: March 7, 2014*
The UMKC High School/College Partnerships' (HSCP) College of Arts and
Sciences (A&S) Dean's Scholarship provides up to $5,000 annually (this amount is
subject to change). Renewal requirements will be mailed to HSCP scholarship
recipients. These awards are specifically intended for students
who are graduating from high school and have successfully completed at least one
UMKC course at their high school administrated through the HSCP. The A&S Dean's
Scholarship is only available to full-time students seeking degrees at UMKC in
the College of Arts and Sciences.
General Information & Procedures:
- Will be a current UMKC student in the College of Arts &
Sciences at UMKC in the Fall of 2014
- This scholarship is available only to students pursuing degrees in the College of Arts and Sciences at UMKC. Therefore, to be eligible, you must indicate an initial interest in one of the majors offered by the College, even if, as frequently happens, you later switch to another program within the College.
- Full-time enrollment (12 hours or more for undergraduate); in the Fall semester 2014 and the Spring semester 2015
- High school GPA of at least 2.75 or a score of 21 or higher on the ACT and be admitted to UMKC as a degree seeking student in good standing
- Complete UMKC Admissions Application, including transcript and ACT scores, submitted to the UMKC Office of Admissions. You must apply for admission and be accepted to UMKC to be considered for this scholarship.
- Complete “Free Application for Federal Student Aid” form, found here: http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/ (Financial need may be considered in the selection process, and it is recommended that all applicants file the FAFSA form by the priority deadline of March 1.)
- Application packet should include the following:
- This completed application form;
- High School transcript, including class rank and ACT score (if you have been admitted to UMKC for fall 2014 before the application deadline, you do not need to resubmit your High School transcript);
- Two sealed, official letters of recommendation (envelope sealed and signed by author of letter)
- An essay describing Why you believe you should receive this scholarship and how receiving the scholarship would affect your education (1-2 pages preferred).
Return the entire application, any additional material, recommendation forms, and current transcripts to the The College of Arts & Sciences Scholarship Coordinator (Located in Scofield Hall room 316 or mail box in Scofield Hall room 302).
- If you plan to join UMKC Debate Program, you must also
submit a separate application for the UMKC Debate Team. For
additional information about Debate at UMKC and application for
the Debate Team, visit
www.umkc.edu/debate. Please contact HSCP Communication
Studies Coordinator and Director of UMKC's Debate Program,
if you have additional questions.
Application must be received by 5.00 pm, March 7, 2014. Applications that are incomplete or received after the deadline will not be considered.
Selected recipients will be notified in April 2014. Those who do not receive a scholarship will not be notified.
Questions regarding the application can be directed to:
Email: UMKC A&S Scholarships@umkc.edu