UMKC Chapter Announcements
- Our spring chapter meeting will be on April 17 at 4:00 pm
at Ed Gogol's house.
The first half hour will be a social gathering,
and then we will discuss business.
Directions to the Gogol home: the address is 2200 W. 50th TERRACE, the fourth house from Rainbow Blvd, heading east toward Stateline. Parking is allowed only on the south side of the street - 2200 is on the north side. (We share our driveway, so we try not to block it with cars.) From the Volker campus, I usually drive south on the east side of the Plaza, as that road turns into Ward Parkway, and turn right onto 50th Street, to Stateline, turn left onto Stateline, and then immediately right onto 50th Terrace. We're at the far end of the block. For those coming from the Oak St. end of the Volker campus, you can simply drive east on 51st St, straight past Loose Park as the road turns into Rockwell, cross Ward, and you will be on 50th St.
- Please pay chapter dues for 2015. Send a check for $10 payable to "UMKC AAUP" to Scott Baker in Foreign Languages and Literatures, 215 Scofield Hall.
- University of Missouri System Salary Report is available. This link will take you to the directory. This is the link for the 2014-2015 report. This is the link for the 2013-2014 report.
- There was a major attack on academic freedom at UMKC took place during the spring, 2011 semester. Click here to learn more.
- Some units are experiencing issues with budgets, academic freedom and shared governance. If your unit is one of them, we cannot help you if we do not know about it. Write an article for the next issue of the Faculty Advocate. Submit your file to Scott Baker.