Deadlines - Study Abroad Buenos Aires, Argentina
Where: US passport agency
What: For those students without a valid passport, apply for passport with US passport agency. Make sure you sign
your passport. If you already have a passport, check that it does not expire before your return date.
Summer Travel Award application deadline: February 24 to IAP by 5pm.
Summer Travel Award application is found here.
Program Application Deadline: February 24
*Make a previous appt. with director to sign pink form & advise on transfer courses
Where: Scofield 216 (235-1311)
1.$50.00 non-refundable application fee. Make checks payable to UMKC. In the memo line please write "Argentina Study Abroad".
2. UMKC application - found here
3. Application form for the University of Belgrano
4. Statement of Purpose
5. One letter of recommendation, preferably from a Spanish instructor.
6. Transcript (an unofficial advising copy for UMKC students, available at A&S Advising, Scofield 9).
7. UMKC Study Abroad Approval Form ("pink form," UMKC students only) available at Foreign Languages department.
Complete applications include #1-7. Please do not turn in incomplete applications.
Deadline: March 1
Where: IAP (5325 Rockhill Rd.) It is then sent to the student's dean
What: IAP deadline for all study abroad
eligibility appeals. Any student who is not eligible for study abroad, but who
would like to be considered anyway, has to turn in an appeal by that date.
Normally this applies to low GPA (the requirement is 2.75). No exceptions!
Deadline: March 23
Where: 216 Scofield Hall - 816-235-1311
What: $500 deposit.
Make checks payable to UMKC and write Argentina Study Abroad in the memo line.
Mandatory Meeting: April 14
What: The pre-departure orientation for all summer study abroad students is a UM-system required orientation on health and safety for study abroad.
When: Saturday, April 14 9am-noon
Where: Flarsheim 310
1. Proof of enrollment/pay for mandatory student health
insurance $35 per month
Go here to enroll
2. All required forms, filled out
They can be found here.
3. Legible copy of passport
There will be a makeup orientation for any students unable to attend on Friday April 27, 9am-noon at the IAP office (5325 Rockhill). It is mandatory that students attend one session.
Deadline: early May - TBA
Where: UMKC registration, AC 115 and cashier’s office, AC 112
1. Undergraduates sign up for Spanish 380 or 480(A), according to the advice of the director. Graduate students sign up for 5580(A) or appropriate UMKC class.
2. Arrange payment to cashier’s office: undergraduates estimated $853.