1st nationally accredited provider of dual credit through National Alliance of Concurrent Enrollment Partnerships (NACEP) in Missouri.
2013 marks the 33rd anniversary of the High School/College Partnerships program at UMKC.
HSCP provides UMKC courses in 19 fields of academia and serves more than 50 local schools.
More than 260 Master teachers collaborate with on-campus faculty to ensure student success.
Learn the advantages of participating in HSCP with UMKC and learn how it can benefit you now and how it can benefit your future.
What is Dual Credit?
Dual credit is a term used to indicate two forms of credit are being issued for one particular course. UMKC offers college credit for courses that occur in the high schools with qualified instructors and course content. High schools work with UMKC to seek approval for particular instructors and courses within their school. UMKC and the high school both transcript the students’ grades.
How Do I Earn Dual Credit?
Final grades for dual credit courses will be reflected on both the student’s high school transcript and on the college’s permanent record. Because dual credit coursework becomes a permanent part of the student’s college transcript, it is important for students to fully apply themselves in these courses: the grades earned under dual credit are permanent and cannot be removed from a student’s academic record.
Do You Qualify for Dual Credit?
- Students under the age of 18 MUST have permission from a parent or legal guardian to register for UMKC dual credit courses. This permission should be presented to their instructor prior to registration.
- Students in the 11th and 12th grades are automatically eligible with an overall minimum grade point average of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) OR a minimum Composite score of 21 on the ACT.
- Students in the 10th grade must have an overall minimum grade point average of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) and written permission from a parent or legal guardian.
- Students in the 9th grade must have an overall minimum grade point average of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale), score at the 90th percentile or above on the ACT or SAT, provide a signed letter of recommendation from their principal and guidance counselor and written permission from a parent or legal guardian on the enrollment form.
- Students must have completed all prerequisites for the course and any other requirements as may be needed for the same course for on-campus students.
- Students earning college credit in a course must have satisfied state graduation requirements in subject area. (In schools where state mandated subjects are taken in grades 9-10, junior and senior students may enroll for both college and high school elective credit. In schools not offering state mandated courses in grades 9-10 junior and senior students will received credit simultaneously for both college work and high school graduation requirements).
U.S. ACT Test Dates and Registration Deadlines
February 6, 2016*
April 9, 2016
June 11, 2016
January 8, 2016
March 4, 2016
May 6, 2016
Late Fee Required:
January 9–15, 2016
March 5–18, 2016
May 7–20, 2016
December 30, 2015
Online registration and tuition assistance application open.
January 20, 2016
Enrollment forms due to HSCP Office.
Last day to submit Tuition Assistance applications online.
Enrollment ends. Late enrollment petitions required after this date.
January 22, 2016
Last day to submit online application for term.
March 4, 2016
Deadline for 100% refund and drop without record (notify HSCP Office at email@example.com).
March 18, 2016
Deadline for a 50% refund and W grade (notify HSCP Office at firstname.lastname@example.org). No refunds after this date.
March 20, 2016
First payment - 33% of Spring 2016 balance due.
April 1, 2016
Deadline to withdraw with a W or WF grade (notify HSCP Office at email@example.com). Late withdrawal petitions required after this date.
April 20, 2016
Second payment - 66% of Spring 2016 balance due.
April 29, 2016
End of term. Retroactive withdrawal dates required after this date.
May 20, 2016
Third payment - 100% of Spring 2016 balance due.
May 20, 2016