• The minor is comprised of 18 credit hours.
• Students must be currently enrolled at the University of Missouri to register in the minor.
• Some courses in the minor can be taken by high school students for college credit.
• Only one course is mandatory in the minor. It is neither a prerequisite to enroll in other courses nor has a prerequisite to enroll in it: LLS 201 – Introduction to Latinx and Latin American Studies (3 credit hours).
• You don’t need any specialized knowledge of U.S. history or Latinxs. You also don’t have to be Latinx or an immigrant. All are welcome!
Interested? Here’s what to do:
1. Enroll in course LLS 201 – Introduction to Latinx and Latin American Studies (3 credit hours) during the fall or spring semester. This course is open enrollment and requires no special permission to enroll.
2. Submit an online request for Minor approval, ideally during the semester you are completing LLS 201.
3. Once registered in the Minor, continue to take the required credit units for completion, selecting from the courses below.