For the serious student or for the merely curious, we provide this gateway to philosophy-related resources and the latest research in philosophy (and its related fields of study).
Your comments regarding this page are welcome. UMKC faculty and students are especially encouraged to submit ideas for philosophy resources they would like to see posted here.
- Subject-oriented Resource List - This is a good starting point if you're not sure where to start looking for something, but it is not meant to be a comprehensive listing. Included are links to the card catalogs of UMKC's and KU's libraries.
- Other Resource Lists - These are much more extensive than the list below.
- Cool stuff - Here are some of the most interesting philosophy-related sites on the Web.
Employment Outlook for Philosopher --> broken link ... need working one
- American Society for Aesthetics --> broken link ... need working one
- American Philosophical Association
- Encyclopedias and Other Reference Materials
- Epistemology and Cognitive Science
- German Philosophy (auf Deutsche)
- History of Philosophy
- Great Voyages: The History of Western Philosophy From 1492-1776
- Philosophical Atlas --> broken link ... need working one
- Library Searches
- Online Journals and Magazines
- Philosophy of Science
- Women in philosophy
Other Major Philosophy Websites and Lists of Resources
- Episteme Links
- The One-stop Philosophy Page
- Philosophy around the Web
- Philosophy at Large
- Philosophy in Cyberspace
- Philosophy Pages, compiled by Dieter Köhler
- Scholars' Guide to WWW, compiled by Richard Jenson, Professor of History at the University of Illinois - Chicago
- Servizio Web Italiano per la Filosofia --> broken link ... need working one
Cool Philosophy Pages
- No Dogs or Philosophers Allowed - dedicated to the popular PBS show --> broken link ... need working one possible link = forum
- Valdosta State University - innovative philosophy pages from VSU Professor Ron Barnette --> broken link ... need working one -- new link? = http://www.valdosta.edu/~rbarnett/phi/resource.html