Instructions for Submitting and Applications
To apply to the university, and submit application materials for the program, please visit the application page. Once you go to the website and start the UMKC application, you will come across sections in the application that are particular to the Psychology PhD program you are applying to. They are:
- Statement of Purpose
- Work and Research Experience
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Official Transcripts (UMKC e-mail to electronically submit official transcripts: email@example.com)
- Official GRE Scores – General/Writing Analytical (UMKC GRE Code to electronically submit scores: 6872 )
- Or send hard copies of official transcripts and GRE scores to:
University of Missouri–Kansas City
Office of Admissions
5115 Oak Street, #120
Kansas City, MO 64112
Notice to ACBS Applicants: Please apply to the Experimental Health Psychology Option on the UMKC Admissions website. If questions, please contact Dr. Lark Lim; firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
Notice to Clinical Applicants: Please note that all students who are admitted to the program are required to complete clinical practica and an internship and that some practicum and internship sites may require criminal and other background checks before allowing students to participate
Application Deadline: All application materials must be received by December 5th of each year to be considered for the upcoming fall semester.
Program Start Date: Newly accepted students begin their coursework in the program in the fall semester only
Interview Day: Interview day for applicants applying for Fall 2019 will be March 1st, 2019. Participation in our interview day is completely voluntary. If you are invited for an interview, and are unable to attend, other arrangements will be made for you to speak with program faculty and/or current students.
Acceptance Dates: Although applicants who are offered admission have until April 15 (unless the 15th falls on a weekend) to either accept or reject our offer; applicants are strongly encouraged to notify us of their decisions as soon as possible.
What Happens After the Application Deadline
- Applications received by the deadline are reviewed in December and January.
- We invite the top applicants to an Interview Day in February or March. Although attending Interview Day is not required for admission, it is an opportunity for program faculty to meet and talk with applicants. It also provides applicants the opportunity to meet faculty, visit campus, and meet current students. If students are unable to attend Interview Day, telephone or Skype interviews will be scheduled.
- Shortly following Interview Day, offers of admission are initiated. Please note that the admissions process proceeds through April 15th and it may take the full admissions period to make decisions and notify applicants. We ask that applicants do not inquire about the status of their application unless they have not heard from us by April 16th.
- The university reserves the right to notify applicants by e-mail. Please make sure your current e-mail address is noted on the application materials. If any other contact information changes during the admissions process, notify the department of those changes immediately by sending an e-mail to the Psychology department.