Prospective Student Information
Admissions Requirements for Standard/Traditional Program
1. A baccalaureate degree:
- in a social science field (e.g., social work, sociology, psychology, criminal justice, political science, education) with a sound liberal arts/general education foundation.
2. Undergraduate cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
3. GPA of at least 3.0 in the last 60 hours of the baccalaureate program.
4. The GRE is not required.
Note: Applicants with a GPA of at least 2.6 may be admitted provisionally if they meet a number of criteria (see UMKC Catalog).
Already have a B.S.W.? Consider the Advanced Standing Program.
An applicant who has a B.S.W. degree from a CSWE-accredited program may be considered for the Advanced Standing Program if he/she received the degree within the last five years, and earned a 3.0 GPA in the last 60 hours of coursework and graduated with a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
Want to learn more about UMKC's School of Social Work?
1. Attend one of our monthly informational meetings. The next scheduled meeting is listed in the right hand column of this web page.
2. Read Frequently Asked Questions
Want to learn more about the Social Work profession?
Want to Apply?
Application Deadline for Standard/Traditional Program
March 1st to begin courses in Fall Semester
Application Deadlines for Advanced Standing Program
October 1st to begin courses in Spring Semester
February 1st to begin courses in Summer Semester
Students must first complete the UMKC online application by clicking on the "Apply Now!" link below. Follow the directions carefully.
After completing the UMKC application, students will be instructed to complete the supplemental application specific to Social Work titled "Grasp".
Click on the following link to apply!