The Communication Studies Department strongly recommends internships as a means of linking theory with practice. This prepares our students to work effectively in mass media, journalism, public communication, human relations, and organizational communication.
Communication Studies Internship: A Step-by-Step Guide
1. Check internship opportunities on the UMKC Communications Internship Hub.
2. Download the internship package: downloaded here. Paper copies are available in the Communication Studies departmental office, 202 Haag Hall.
3. Fill out the Internship Application form and email it to Dr. Linda Kurz.
4. Once the application is approved, please fill out the Communication Studies Internship Initial Agreement, and email it to Dr. Linda Kurz.
5. Students enrolled in the internship course have to fill out the mid-term progress report and email it to Dr. Linda Kurz by mid-term.
6. Students enrolled in the internship course have to fill out the end of internship report and email it to Dr. Linda Kurz by the end of the semester.
More about Internship