The Communication Studies Department strongly recommends internships as a means of linking theory with practice. This prepares our students to work effectively in mass media, journalism, public communication, human relations, and organizational communication.
Communication Studies Internship: A Step-by-Step Guide
1. Check internship opportunities on the UMKC Communications Internship Hub.
2. Read Communication Studies Internship Overview.
3. Download the Internship Application. Fill out the form and email it to Dr. Linda Kurz.
4. Once the application is approved, please download the Communication Studies Internship Initial Agreement. Fill out the form and email it to Dr. Linda Kurz.
5. Students enrolled in the internship course have to fill out the mid-term progress report and email it to Dr. Linda Kurz by mid-term.
6. Students enrolled in the internship course have to fill out the end of internship report and email it to Dr. Linda Kurz by the end of the semester.
More about Internship
An internship packet can be downloaded here. Paper copies are available in the Communication Studies departmental office, 202 Haag Hall.