Majid Bani-YaghoubAssociate Professor and Department Chair
Office: Manheim 205A
Dr. Majid Bani-Yaghoub (Dr. Bani) received his PhD in applied mathematics from Carleton University, Canada. Later, he joined Texas A&M University, where he was a postdoctoral research associate in the Department of Veterinary Integrative Biosciences, and a Visiting Assistant Professor in the Department of Mathematics. He joined UMKC Department of Mathematics and Statistics in Fall 2012. Dr. Bani has expertise in mathematical and statistical modeling utilized in ecology, health and biomedicine. Dr. Bani has collaborated in several interdisciplinary research projects, where he has developed and/or employed a wide range of tools for predictive modeling, risk assessment, optimal control, efficacy of interventions, ROC curves, sensitivity analysis, time series modeling, spatio-temporal modeling, big data analysis, infectious disease modeling, wave theory, machine learning and data mining. Modeling, analysis and computation are the foundations of Dr. Bani’s interdisciplinary research.
B.Sc. Mathematics, University of Tabriz, Iran (1997)
M.Sc. Applied Mathematics, Carleton University, Canada (2006)
Ph.D. Applied Mathematics, Carleton University, Canada (2009)
- Bani-Yaghoub, M., Wang, X., Pithua, P., Aly, S. (2019) Effectiveness of control and preventive measures influenced by pathogen trait evolution: Example of Escherichia coli O157:H7, Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics
- Konboon, M., Bani-Yaghoub, M., Pithua, P, Aly, S. (2018) A nested compartmental model to assess the efficacy of paratuberculosis control measures on US dairy farms, PloS one 13 (10), e0203190
- Bani-Yaghoub, M., Catley, D., Elhomani, A., (2018) Effectiveness of Motivational Interviewing, Health Education and Brief Advice in a Population of Smokers Who Are Not Ready to Quit. BMC Medical Research Methodology 18 (1), 52
- Bani-Yaghoub, M., Reed, A., (2018) A methodology to quantify the long-term changes in social networks of competing species, Ecological Modeling, 368, 147-157
- Rhee, N., Gora, P., Bani-Yaghoub, M. (2017) Predicting and Estimating Probability Density Functions of Chaotic Systems, Discrete and Continuous Dynamical System – B, doi:10.3934/dcdsb.2017144
- Bani-Yaghoub, M., Yao, G., Voulov, H. (2016) Existence and stability of stationary waves of a population model with strong Allee effect, Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics 307, 385–393, doi:10.1016/j.cam.2015.11.021
- Bani-Yaghoub, M. (2015) Approximating the traveling wavefront for a nonlocal delayed reaction-diffusion equation, Journal of Applied Mathematics and Computing, 1-18, 10.1007/s12190-015-0958-7
- Bani-Yaghoub, M., Yao, G., Fujiwara, M, Amundsen, D.E. (2015) Understanding the interplay between density dependent birth function and maturation time delay using a reaction-diffusion population model, Ecological Complexity, 21, 14-26
- Bani-Yaghoub, M., Gautam, R., Ivanek, R., van den Driessche, P., Shuai, Z. (2012) Reproduction numbers for infections with free-living pathogens growing in the environment, Journal of Biological Dynamics. 6 (2): 923-940
- Bani-Yaghoub, M., Gautam, R., Döpfer, D., Kaspar, C.W., Ivanek, R. (2012) Effectiveness of environmental decontamination in control of infectious diseases, Epidemiology & Infection 140 (3): 542-553.
- Gautam, R., Bani-Yaghoub, M., Neill, W., H. Döpfer, D., Kaspar, C., W., Ivanek, R. (2011) Modeling the effect of seasonal variation in ambient temperature on the transmission dynamics of a pathogen with a free-living stage: Example of Escherichia coli O157: H7 in a dairy herd, Preventive Veterinary Medicine, 102 (1):10-21.