Ricky AllmanAssociate Professor, Studio Art
Office: Fine Arts Building, 206
Ricky Allman came to UMKC in 2007 after graduating with honors from the Rhode Island School of Design. His landscape and architecturally based paintings investigate themes such as the natural versus the built environment, religious extremism, the apocalypse and large scale environmental and social catastrophes.
Allman’s recent solo exhibitions include “Denmark 2573” at Galleri Benoni in Copenhagen, DK in 2014, “I’ll Capitulate if you Succumb” at Marine Contemporary in Los Angeles, CA in 2012 and “Sturm und Drang vs The Enlightenment” at Daniela Da Prato Gallery in Paris, FR in 2011. Recent group exhibitions include Edinburgh, Scotland; London, England; Brussels, Belgium; Marrakech, Morocco; and Wellington, New Zealand. Publications having featured his work include Harper’s Magazine, Harvard Business Review, New American Paintings, Juxtapoz Magazine and the Los Angeles Times.
M.F.A. from Rhode Island School of Design, Providence, Rhode Island
Sheridan Center Collegiate Teaching Certificate from Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island
B.F.A. in Painting from Massachusetts College of Art, Boston, Massachusetts
A.S. in Fine Arts from Utah Valley University, Orem, Utah
- Foundation Drawing
- Intermediate Drawing
- Painting I
- Painting II
- Painting III
- Graduate Painting
- Featured artist in Vice’s The Creators Project, January 7, 2017
- Invited to participate in H&R Block Artspace 2016 Kansas City Flatfile & Digitalfile, June 11 – September 24, 2016
- Resident artist at The Studios Inc.
- Group exhibition, 1st Paraguay Biennial, Asuncion Paraguay, where his involvement was profiled in many Paraguayan media outlets including: La Nacion, ABC, and Portal Guarani
- Featured in KC Studio Magazine, including a 6 page full color spread of recent work