Ricky AllmanProfessor, Studio Art
Undergraduate Advisor, Studio Art, for students whose last names start with the letters L - Z
Office: Fine Arts Building, 207
Ricky Allman came to UMKC in 2007 after graduating with honors from the Rhode Island School of Design. His landscape and architecturally based paintings investigate themes such as the natural versus the built environment, religious extremism, the apocalypse, and large scale environmental and social catastrophes.
Allman’s solo exhibitions include Aotuspace Beijing, China 2019, “Mining the Future to Reveal the Past” Asuncion Paraguay Biennial 2015, “Denmark 2573” at Galleri Benoni in Copenhagen, DK in 2014, “I’ll Capitulate if you Succumb” at Marine Contemporary in Los Angeles, CA in 2012 and “Sturm und Drang vs The Enlightenment” at Daniela Da Prato Gallery in Paris, FR in 2011. Recent group exhibitions include Edinburgh, Scotland; London, England; Brussels, Belgium; Marrakech, Morocco; and Wellington, New Zealand. Publications have featured his work include Harper’s Magazine, Harvard Business Review, New American Paintings, Juxtapoz Magazine, and the Los Angeles Times.
M.F.A. from Rhode Island School of Design, Providence, Rhode Island
Sheridan Center Collegiate Teaching Certificate from Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island
B.F.A. in Painting from Massachusetts College of Art, Boston, Massachusetts
A.S. in Fine Arts from Utah Valley University, Orem, Utah
- Foundation Drawing
- Intermediate Drawing
- Painting I
- Painting II
- Painting III
- Painting IV
- Graduate Painting
- Solo Exhibition, Oscar Niemeyer Museum, Curitiba Brazil Biennial, 2021
- Collaborative Performance Group Lucite Plains performs at Open Spaces Kansas City 2018
- Released How to Paint, Bestselling Course from The Great Courses, 2018
- Featured artist in Vice’s The Creators Project, January 2017
- Resident artist at The Studios Inc.
- Featured in KC Studio Magazine, including a 6 page full color spread of recent work