Explore the world. Make a living. Make a difference.
Where do Geocientists work? Geocientists find career opportunities in many different fields, including:
- Climate and global process modeling
- Environmental remediation and engineering
- Petroleum and mining exploration and extraction
- Energy Policy
- Natural hazards assessment
- Land use planning
- Ocean sciences
- Planetary sciences
- Education (K-12 and university)
Equally diverse are the employers. Successful geocientists graduates from UMKC work for nonprofit organizations, multinational companies, government agencies, high schools, research institutes, and universities.