As an Earth & Environmental Sciences student, there are a number of opportunities for involvement outside the classroom. Students interested in pursuing research can engage in independent projects or collaborative projects with faculty. For more information on these research opportunities, please see Research
Want to meet other Earth & Environmental Sciences students? Our Earth & Environmental Sciences Student Groups host events throughout the year to encourage student and faculty interaction.
We are also connected with several Professional Associations that send out information and opportunities throughout the year.
- The Geological Society of America (GSA)
- Association of American Geographers (AAG)
- American Geophysical Union (AGU)
- Association of Environmental and Engineering Geologists (AEG)
- American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG)
- Mineralogical Society of America (MSA)
- Society of Economic Geologists (SEG)
- North American Association of Environmental Education (NAAEE)
- American Meteorological Society (AMS)
- Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE)
- American Quaternary Association (AMQUA)
- Pan-American Aerobiology Association (PAAA)
- Sigma XI