- A BA in History or a related field
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Please note that GRE scores are not required.
- To be considered for financial aid, applications for Fall admission must be received by February 1st .
- All applications must be complete at least six weeks prior to the desired semester of admission.
All UMKC applications for History graduate programs must be submitted online through the UMKC Admissions Office. Early applications are highly encouraged, but applications will be accepted and reviewed continuously.
In addition to submitting the online application, all applicants must submit the following to the History Department MA Committee:
- A two-page statement of purpose that explains your academic and professional goals, describes your academic interests, and presents relevant academic and work-related activities.
- A sample of your academic writing (minimum 15 pages).
- Three letters of recommendation sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Letters should be on official letterhead and submitted as a PDF attachment directly by the recommender.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to confirm the receipt of all materials.
Additional Contact Information:
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 816-235-5723 (Please include cover sheet and number all pages.)
- Mail: UMKC History MA Committee, Cockefair Hall 203, 5121 Rockhill Rd, Kansas City, MO 64110