UMKC Department of Mathematics and Statistics helps the students with several opportunities such as internships, scholarships, career fairs and many more. Here are the links to these opportunities:
- Careers Services
- Math and Stat Careers
- Mathematics Competitions
- Future Student Scholarships
- Current Student Scholarships
- Re-entry Scholarship Programs
- Internal Scholarships and Grants
- External Scholarships and Grants
- Teacher Education Assistance for College & Higher Ed. (TEACH) Grant
- [more information about TEACH Grant]
B. Costs and Financing
For Missouri residents, the estimated Tuition and Fees for enrolling in 6 graduate credit hours is about $5,680 per semester and 14 undergraduate credit hours is about $10,146. For the entire Master’s degree you will need 30 credit hours (5 semesters or less), which will reach to $28,400. For more information please visit the website of Financial Aid and Scholarships
For international students there is Chancellor’s Non-Resident Award (CNR) which covers $8,000 of non-resident tuition- $4,000 in the Fall semester and $4,000 in the Spring semester. It is awarded upon admission and is renewable.
All applicants meeting the following criteria are automatically considered for an A&S CNR Scholarship:
• Full-time, degree seeking undergraduate or master’s level student in the College of Arts & Sciences
• First-time student in the school listed above
• Transcripts showing an outstanding academic record – minimum of 3.0 grade point average (GPA) on 4.0 scale
• Minimum TOEFL score of 79 iBT (550 paper) or IELTS score of 6.0, unless you are exempt from the English proficiency test
• F-1 or J-1 visa holder upon enrollment
• Nomination from the corresponding UMKC academic unit
For more information, please visit the International Student Affairs Office
Graduate Students can apply for a Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) position, which comes with a stipend of about $12,000 per year and a tuition waiver for up to 9 credit hours per regular semester. Summer teaching is often available, for an additional salary of $2,000-$4,000. Individuals may apply for a GTA position, by filling out the GTA Application Form and three letters of reference to be sent directly to the Principal Graduate Advisor Dr. Sega firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students can also apply for a Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) position, which comes with a stipend, ranging from $20,000 to $25,000. For more information, please contact Dr. Majid Bani-Yaghoub.
Qualifications: Students majoring in Math. Preference given to students with a combination of financial need and historical academic performance at UMKC. The fund will award 3 x $4,000 scholarships per Academic Year ($2,000 per semester, for a total of $24,000)
There are several UMKC Scholarships available to undergraduate Students with application Deadline January-February of each year. Each year, UMKC awards more than $200 million in financial aid. There are three major categories of scholarships at UMKC – Automatic, Competitive and Academic Unit (program of study). For more information please visit the website of UMKC Financial Aid and Scholarships.