Students can obtain academic credit from the department for an internship.
Students who complete an internship through the department can earn up to three credit hours that count toward their Political Science major or minor. To obtain the full three credit hours, students must work at least 10 hours a week for 15 weeks.
Non-Political Science majors or minors can also receive academic credit through the department.
The Political Science Internship Policy has detailed information on eligibility, grading and all requirements pertaining to internships for academic credit. Before enrolling in Pol-Sci 491, students must:
- Obtain an internship offer from an organization
- Complete the Initial Intern Agreement and Internship Application
- Schedule a meeting with Dr. Mona Lyne and email all three completed forms to her at email@example.com
Below are the forms that must be completed throughout the course of the internship. They should all be emailed to Dr. Mona Lyne at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Internship Policy
- Initial Intern Agreement
- Internship Application
- Summer Due Dates
- Mid Semester Internship Progress Report
- Blog Post Submission Form
- End of Semester Internship Report
- Supervisor Performance Review