Applying to the UMKC School of Social Work consists of a two-part application process.
1. UMKC General Graduate Application
All prospective graduate students must submit an online application to the School of Graduate Studies. A $35 application fee may apply.
Learn more about the College of Arts and Sciences Graduate Student Admissions Requirements
2. School of Social Work Application
Currently you will have to fill out our Pen and Paper Application:
Our application requires narrative statements covering the Social Work professional ethics and the applicants readiness for graduate study.
It also requires references. Our specific reference form is below:
These may be uploaded as Microsoft Word Documents or PDF files to the General Graduate Application. (You will only need three references between the UMKC General Graduate Application and the School of Social Work Application)
- UMKC is moving to a fully online application process for all graduate programs.
- You will not be accepted to UMKC until the School of Social Work accepts you.
- The School of Social Work does not have any additional application fees.
- If there are any problems, please contact our department: 816-235-1025
- Be sure to submit both applications at the same time.
If you have any questions about our program, or if you would like to pick up all of these forms in person, you can attend one of our informational sessions. They are held every month.
Advanced Standing (BSW applicants only)
Summer Semester Deadline: February 1st
Spring Semester Deadline: October 1st
Standard/ Traditional Program
Fall Semester Deadline: March 1st