Sociology Club/Alpha Kappa Delta
The sociology club is for sociology majors and minors, as well as others who are interested in learning more about the field of sociology and connecting with fellow students and faculty.
- To promote student interest in the social sciences
- To increase student involvement on UMKC’s campus and surrounding community through service projects
- To educate, engage, and empower students to become future leaders and role models
- To encourage students to investigate and explore societal issues and events through practical application of sociological theory and research methods
- To increase and promote faculty-student interaction through relevant workshops, conferences and community action
If you would like more information about the UMKC Sociology Club and would like a leadership position in the Sociology Club’s Executive Board, please feel free to contact the Faculty Adviser, Dr. Jennifer Huberman.
If an Executive Board position that you are interested in is not currently available, do not be discouraged, you can still participate as a sub-committee member in that capacity. In addition, all board members participate in event planning and coordination.
Alpha Kappa Delta is an international honor society in sociology for high achieving undergraduate students (must be at least a junior), graduate students, and faculty.
If you would like to find out more about the application process and academic requirements for membership in Alpha Kappa Delta, please contact Dr. Jennifer Huberman for more information.