On July 16, 1945, the first atomic bomb exploded in the desert of New Mexico. We examine the complicated legacy of President Truman and the atomic bomb.
Then: a popular local Facebook page highlights houses around KC, from mid-century abodes to charming bungalows and more. It’s also stirred up its fair share of debate about real estate and gentrification. We talk to the couple behind the page.
- Richard Rhodes, KC native and author of the Pulitzer Prize-winning book, The Making of the Atomic Bomb
- Mark Adams, Director of Education, Harry S. Truman Library & Museum
- Adrian Switzer, Professor, Department of Philosophy, UMKC
- Franny Knight, Urban Cool Realty
- Hubert Beattie, Urban Cool Realty